The benefits of a portable calculator
1. Use the calculator to calculate (primary calculations can be completed).
2. Use the calculator to make an estimate. For example, in the eighth grade, the rational number is used to approximate the irrational number. It is necessary to use the calculator to approximate the irrational number with rational numbers. In the ninth grade, the approximate solution of the one-dimensional equation is faster with the help of the calculator.
3. Use the calculator to explore the law. For example, use the calculator to verify and explore the law of “black hole number” in the seventh grade.
4. Using calculators to process more complex data, the calculator provides advanced calculation tools for mathematical applications, making it easier to process actual data, especially for processing random experimental data, so that mathematics applications have a broad space in middle school. For example, in the eighth grade, students are encouraged to use the calculator to conveniently calculate the standard deviation and variance of a set of data. This is good for analyzing data and studying data fluctuations.
5. Use the calculator to generate random numbers for simulation experiments. For example, in the ninth grade, the "same probability of birth" section can use the calculator to generate random numbers for simulation experiments. It can be seen that the calculator can turn static into dynamic, and abstract and visualize abstract things. Make people's thinking extend to a certain extent. It can be seen that the use of the calculator is an advanced calculation tool that saves students a lot of time to learn other more valuable content and stimulate their interest in learning.